On Saturday we held a big Q&A session for our users. The purpose of these Q&As is to help you stay informed with what is happening in the virtual world around you, what is happening with this project and the viewer/viewers you run. The Q&A went on for nearly three hours and was well attended with a full region; it was recorded for those who couldn’t attend.
Some key points that should catch your attention. (If you don’t know what these things mean or want to learn more about them, read the transcript linked at the bottom or watch the video.)
- CHUI is coming to Firestorm.
- Materials is coming to Firestorm.
- Server side appearance progress.
- OTR… The myths and the facts, and yes it’s coming to Firestorm.
- What is coming in the next Firestorm release and what to expect, what not to expect.
- We will begin forcing users to update by blocking old versions of Firestorm. Only the three latest versions will be allowed on the grid at any given time.
- Regularly scheduled Q&As will begin in September.
- Etc., etc.
- Want to know more? Read below…
If you are one of those people who like to be informed or understand the importance of being informed but couldn’t make it, Inara Pey has been kind enough to once again transcribe and summarize the entire session on her blog here. http://modemworld.wordpress.com/2013/08/13/firestorm-meeting-10th-august-2013-video-and-transcript . She even included videos relating to some of the topics that were discussed. Highly recommended.
For those who would prefer the video only, you can watch it here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2625fFfP94A or from Inara’s post.
The Phoenix Firestorm Project, Inc.