Firestorm Viewer 18.104.22.168720 with Server Side Baking Support
Not only is this a major update with loads of new features, as well as performance and stability improvements, but it is also a necessary upgrade for you if you want to be able to render avatars correctly when Linden Lab throws the switch for Server Side Baking (appearance). Because all Firestorm users will need to upgrade to this release, we have put it through unprecedented development and testing with no fewer than three levels of Quality Assurance: internal testing, Beta testing and our new Preview Group testing. We truly hope and expect this to be the best release we have ever issued. Grab the downloads from our Downloads page and enjoy!
Some of the new key features we think you will enjoy are listed below. But this is only a tiny fraction of what’s new. For a complete list of changes and known issues please see our change log
- Settings backup and restore – (Tutorial Video) (Documentation)
- Customizable Quick Preferences (Tutorial Video) (Documentation)
- Built-in pose stand (Tutorial Video) (Documentation)
- Temporary derender option (Tutorial Video) (Documentation)
- Custom default prim parameters (Tutorial Video) (Documentation)
- Loads of new toolbar buttons (Documentation)
- Vignette for Phototools (Documentation)
- Option to hide or show chiclets!
- Integrated legacy and web search (Documentation)
- Epic minimap improvements from Catznip and Milkshake
- Ability to select rigged mesh
- Cloud noise maps (Info)
- Real time reflections by Tofu. (Video)
- Performance improvements!
- Countless stability improvements!
- Soooo much more!
We have spent considerable time on this release adapting Firestorm for better compatibility in your grids and hope you will put it to great use! Some of the key changes are listed below.
- OSSL/AA syntax highlighting for scripters
- OpenSim Lightshare support
- Better hypergrid jumping support
- Greatly improved grid manager
- Saved usernames from any grid always show
- Near complete support for AuroraSim
- Brought back things like client phantom, restore to world, etc., for use on grids that support them
- SL-specific things like Merchant Outbox, pathfinding, etc., hidden while on OpenSim grids
- OpenRegion settings support
- Fixed build tools
- Settings/logs stored separately for avatars with same name on different grids
- Lots more…
We have done everything in our power to develop skin/setting combinations to make Firestorm look and act as close to the V1 interface as possible. We’ve also created a new Tutorial Video here to help you transition to Firestorm, and we have changed even more in this Firestorm release specifically for you. Once LL enables Server Side Baking on the server you will have to upgrade to a server side baking capable viewer. I hope that you will choose Firestorm, but if not, please know that there are other third party viewer options available to you on the Third Party Viewer Directory. We have honestly done everything we can to accommodate your needs as best we can, and should you decide to move to another viewer we do truly wish you the best.
Jessica Lyon and the Phoenix Firestorm Project Team
Leave a comment (NOTE: We cannot provide support or help in these blog comments. If you need or want help please contact our support team through the correct channels. See our support page for more information.)