Archive for August, 2015
Remember OnLive? The company that brought you the streaming service which gave you the ability to run SL on older computers? Well there is a new kid on the block named Bright Canopy and they’re aiming to fill the void left behind by OnLive!
Released this weekend, Bright Canopy is offering SL streaming services. Their high performance spec servers will stream SL to you with ultra high graphics and no visible lag!
Yes! It will run on windows XP machines and Mac 10.6 who can no longer run the latest versions of Firestorm or LL viewer.
Check them out at Bright Canopy’s website! http://www.brightcanopy.com
See the Linden Lab post about Bright Canopy HERE
I cannot remember a time when getting an update out had been so difficult! This highly anticipated 4.7.3 update has been plagued with bad luck, last minute showstopper bugs, trials and tribulations, but this is a good thing, as it means there’s nothing left to go wrong! UNLESS …you’re on Windows 10 with an Intel HD2000 or HD3000 graphics card, in which case please read Intel fix. It also will no longer run on WinXP or Mac 10.6.
18.104.22.168323 brings us to parity with Linden Lab version 3.8.2, including Viewer Managed Marketplace, Experience Tools, attachment bug fixes and much more! It also comes with plenty of our own new features and bug fixe,s and we’re very excited to be able to get this out to you now. You wouldn’t believe how much work has gone into it!
Shortlist of change highlights below. For a complete list please visit the RELEASE NOTES. Special thanks to Whirly Fizzle without whom we’d all be lost.
- Project Layer Limits (from LL) – Allows you to wear up to 60 layer wearables of any type. So you can wear 20 alphas/30 tattoos/10 shirts or 60 tattoos if you really want to.
- Other shiny from LL – Experience Tools, VMM, fixes for attachments falling off on teleport.
- Many RLV fixes, which fixed all the problems with RLV wardrobes and attachments that plauged the 4.7.1 beta
- Ability to create subfolders within the Outfits folder has been added back.
- Fully merged up to LL 3.8.2 codebase plus cherrypicked fixes from Bear and Lion.
- IM and group chat tabs can now be rearranged by dragging and dropping into desired position.
- 64bit Linux (non beta).
- Added an option to only allow conference chats from people on your friend list.
- 64bit builds allow setting texture memory up to 1GB, which results in 2GB max textures in memory. This should greatly improve “Texture Thrashing.”
- Chalice Yao’s simple avatar shadows feature – This feature attempts to lighten the load placed on your GPU when rendering complex rigged meshes (such as avatar bodies) when running with shadows enabled in the viewer.
- New option to block / reject all group invites, without the need to enable Unavailable mode.
- Lots of fixes and improvements for photographers including Depth of Field now working underwater, collapsed snapshot floater now displaying a mini preview image, snapshot floater now remembering last used snapshot option.
For a more in-depth look feel free to visit Inara Pey’s 4.7.3 REVIEW
As per our three-version rule, and given that I said 4.7.1 beta would not count towards it, we will be applying a block only to versions 4.6.1 and 4.6.5 in the coming weeks. If you are still using one of those please update!
The Phoenix Firestorm Project, Inc