Archive for May, 2014
UPDATE: Transcript is up thanks to Inara Pey once again. http://modemworld.wordpress.com/2014/05/20/may-17th-firestorm-meeting-audio-and-transcript/
We’ll be holding our monthly Questions and Answers meeting May 17th at 8AM SLT. That’s today!
We have no major topics for this one so come prepared with questions for us to answer or problems we can help you with.
Another release! Already? Yes! Already!
We know it’s only been about two months since we issued 4.6.1 to you but we’ve been very busy since then and have accumulated a few new features, a LOT of bug fixes and performance improvements worthy of an early update! This 184.108.40.206833 addresses a great many of the common complaints we heard about with the last release and we expect this to be a big improvement for our user community. Even Mac users get some love this time around! Please get the downloads from our DOWNLOADS PAGE.
Highlights! (Not all by us and in no particular order! Please see full change log for full credits and authors of all work)
- Voice fixes including latest Vivox Voice update, hear voice volume equally from everyone and voice works with multiple viewer instances as well.
- Merge to LL 3.7.3 Codebase
- Updated OpenSSL to 1.0.1g due to Heartbleed exploit.
- Improved frame rate and performance on the 64bit version.
- New preferences for builders, scripters and animators like prevent avatar from turning when selecting objects, preview animations on own avatar, constrain rotations to multiples of x degrees, and more.
- Added features and fixes for combat users like avatar mark options in radar, name tag color override from marks and fixed tracker markers.
- Improved Movelock including the ability to move while engaged, text notifications when enabled/disabled and more.
- Mac operating system gets some love with bug, crash and performance fixes like copy/pasting no longer appends garbage at end, sticky keys fixed, fullscreen functionality, view transparent shortcut.
- Fixed: Moobs male avatar chest rendering issues effecting attachments and all worn mesh types.
- SO MUCH MORE!
For a full list please see our CHANGE LOG
Jessica Lyon and the Firestorm Project Team!